In the beggining




The combination of a generalized lockdown with a snowy winter got me in the mood of starting this blog in July 2020. I wish to share some of my thoughts on ecological science from Southern Argentina, via this blog.

I have also led the International Journal of Pest Management since 2012 and as from 2021 will be Editor-in-Chief of Ecological Applications, one of five journals managed by the Ecological Society of America (ESA).  I will  write on random things, all ecology. I expect to write some comment on those papers published in EA that have, for some reason caught my eye. Of course all thoughts and opinions will be solely mine.

Finally, because I teach Population Ecology and Behavioural Ecology at the Universidad del Comahue in Bariloche, I will write about the experience of teaching ecology to graduate students.  I enjoy teaching no end...but Zoom clases...well this is another story, soon to begin for me. Our second term, when I will be teaching starts on August 24, but with no physical presence. Let's see how it works.



I hope you enjoy it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To cite or not to cite, that is the (authors) question!

The essence of scientific research

Open data: an open debate?